We have made installing the EFI kit easier with less connections and fuel lines to run. We have made these upgrades without increasing the price of the kit.
- Direct Link 4 TBI system has been updated with return springs on the secondaries.
- Throttle bodies tops are powder coated flat black instead of painted.
- The control panel added which contains the ECM, Relays and MAP sensors and mounts directly to the firewall.
- The Fuel Pressure Regulator/Filter combo are now located at the front of the vehicle… that means no long return line from the engine bay to the filler neck.
- We now offer Fuel sending unit conversion for those who don’t want the worry or complication of converting their own.
- Electronic Idle Air control is included on automatic transmissions installation to help control idle.
- Mechanical Cold Idle advance is included on manual transmission kits.
- Rebuilt throttle bodies are standard with 1.25″ bore which help any engine obtain better airflow which equals more performance.
Fuel Sending Unit Conversion: One of the major reasons some people hesitate on installing EFI is the pump in the tank is a daunting task even for the seasoned mechanic. We have a tried built many of these units for our own installs, but not for the kits. We will now offer to convert your sending unit to a Sending Unit/EFI fuel pump combo using the special wire required for fuel units. Revolution Electronics (a Corvair guy) is providing the stud through bulkhead for power. You must supply the sending unit and pump/filter. We will only convert sending units that have/purchasing Brown EFI kits. Call us when your order your system and have the pump and sending unit (used or new) sent to us.
Idle Air Control Valve: The Idle Air Control is included as part of the EFI kit for Automatic Transmissions setups. This is a large undertaking by us, but we feel if will enhance the EFI system. For A/C systems, we recommend an additional “purge valve” directly wired to the compressor and will energize (open) the valve and allow air which will increase the idle. Using these 2 system together on an A/C engine will allow the parasitic draw of the components, but also maintain acceptable idle.
Fuel Pressure Regulator – We have changed the positioning of the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) to ease in the installation and use the existing factory 5/16″ fuel line. This will also allow for a much shorter return line and simplify the installation. A 5/16″ adapter barb is factory on the inlet which only requires a fuel line and worm clamp.
Wiring Harness Backing Plate – The wiring harness will include a backing plate that will mount in the prior position of the Generator Regulator. Backing plate will be mounted in the area where the removed voltage regulator. Mounting will be with self-taping screws in the location holes provided.
Throttle Body Units – All TBI bases units will be cleaned, blasted, bored to 1.25″ and re-manufactured with new throttle shafts. This will provide a “like-new” TBI for years of trouble-free service. This is being provided at no additional cost
4X TBI System – All four (4) TBI systems will include the 4x Direct Linkage System at no additional cost. This system will allow you to connect all 4 TBIs using the easy to find/conventional 2 Carb linkage setup. The secondaries has a return spring and “no-bind” throttle follower system for ease of installation.
1N5408 Diode – We will include the Diode in your kit for the alternator lamp wire. If this diode is not installed, your engine may continue to run when the key is turned off due to feed back through the GEN lamp.
Throttle Position Sensor Bracket – The TPS bracket is prone to bend when connecting and disconnecting the connector if not careful. The redesigned bracket will allow more adjustment to prevent binding and is thicker to prevent bending. If you would like a replacement, please contact us as specified on this site.